PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 23:49
PitchPitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC is a pilot sausage factory, one I and many others before have had the 'pleasure' of being processed through. They make money by getting as many people on courses as possible. They, i.e. CTC/ARL/OAA/Parc/eJ/any other cost critical business don't CARE about you at all. It's about making as much profit for as little cost as possible. Wake up to reality.

At the end of the day, they can screw you because there are loads of people who want that coveted jet job and will pay endless amounts to get there. Expect this to continue even into 'employment' if FlexiCrew is here to say.

Don't get me wrong. I love my chosen career and wouldn't change it for the world. I do however hate the terms on which I am employed and would not recommend it to anyone, nor would I recommend CTC to anybody hence why I do not help out at any of their roadshows or careers days. I would much rather be on the BALPA stand telling people the reality of the industry than helping CTC exploit even more young aspiring pilots with Mum and Dad's cash.

You cannot just walk in to CTC, get your licence then expect a lucrative flying job. I emplore anyone reading this in this position to have a back up plan otherwise risk being disappointed.

Oh btw, were you expecting luxury treatment when you signed up??

Last edited by PitchPitch; 9th Jan 2013 at 23:52.