PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 16:20
Aerlingus231

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But they do care about the fact they don't want to be bought out by FR and I am suggesting IAG can help with that, in return of selling their :HR slots to them and a closer partnership...)
There's no need for help, the bid is not going to go through.

After all why should EI reject a offer it cannot refuse from BA... (they will make a lot of money out of the sale of LHR slots)
The only bid they cannot refuse would be 100 years profit given to them up front, including infaltion, short of that they'd be better off with the slots.

EI is here for the long term, it doesn't care about making a quick buck from selling it's LHR slots, it has a lot of liquidity at the moment, they're not strapped for cash and have no need for the extra cash on hand, and even if they were, I'd say EI would sooner sell their entire fleet before they sold their LHR Slots.

Also EI will still be making money out of LHR-DUB/BHD by codesharing on BA's flights, although this time they might be more profitable (with higher yields)...
You don't seem to grasp the fact that EI would make money operating the route itself, rather than letting BA do it on its behalf, so unless BA is going to be so kind as to donate all the profits of that route to EI, and let's face it, never going to happen, then EI are better off doing it themselves. Besides, based on what I've heard about the routes from DUB/BHD -> LHR, EI are wiping the floor with BA when it comes to load factors, yields, punctuality and the number of corperate contracts they have, so why let BA do it when they're going to be forced off the route by EI anyway?

Last edited by Aerlingus231; 9th Jan 2013 at 16:25.