PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simple question! (FR)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 16:11
Golf_Romeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think you've made the correct decision, good luck. I think it's an excellent place to start and to get experience that you won't get elsewhere.

In 4/5 years time I think one of two things will have happened:

1) Market's picked up again, everyone is hiring. With your experience at FR you'll be at the front of the queue, or at least way ahead of those that have done dispatch for 4 years. Your destiny will be far more in your hands than if you have no experience, specially if you'd been out of training for a while.

2) More and more European airlines have disappeared leaving just Ryanair, easyjet and a handful of national carriers. Those not already in are shut out. Luckily if you've been at Ryanair all this time, you're doing alright.

Remember you got into this because you wanted to spend your days flying planes and getting paid for it. That's what you're getting. Yes it sounds wrong having to pay to get a job but it's more than just a job, it's your whole lifestyle. Right now not many airlines are giving you that opportunity, but Ryanair are. So go to Ryanair. You can sit around speculating or you can get out there grab it by the balls and go for it. Sounds like that's what you've done which I think was the wise choice.

Maybe if a few more of the old boys had had to pay £100,000 to get into it in the first place we'd have found out who really wants to fly. Some seem to be suggesting that paying the money shows you want it LESS!! People that were picked up and put on schemes knowing that if they didn't like it they could leave at any time with no financial implications are suggesting that those of us who have considered this investment and gone into it knowing that this is for life as we can't afford for it not to be don't want it as much. Doesn't make sense to me. That's why we get into it later and aren't flying across the Atlantic at 21 - these days we only go for it when we know it's definitely what we want to do with our careers.

Enjoy Ryanair, I think you'll love it.