PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Ek Green Light
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 13:43
antheads

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
I was thinking about the huge business risk AJ is taking if the EK/QF thing doesn't turn to be what QF and the ACCC think will happen... I shudder to think.. if people still prefer to fly via SE Asia with no Australian alternative AUS/LHR via SE Asia, seamless.
but but.. look at all those glowing reviews of dubai airport on skytrax!

The airport is huge and looks impressive, but on the inside it has been very poorly designed, space is very badly used, the focus is on shopping, there is lack of seating, lack of toilets (also not clean), lack of places to eat. There was no thought put into the airport experience that you find in Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul
One of the worst airports I've ever visited. I was exhausted by the time I arrived here at one in the morning after a decidedly uncomfortable flight and was therefore looking forward to what I had thought would be a swanky modern airport befitting a gulf state famous for the emphasis it places on customer service. I was obviously wrong. With its endless rows of Duty Free shops, the airport functions more like a shopping mall than a travel terminal, and lacks the sort of facilities other less wealthy places have. Sweated like a pig wandering around trying to find a restaurant or café that wasn't besieged by swarms of equally thirsty passengers. Not only were the crowds nigh impossible to navigate through, but throughout my entire four- hour long ordeal here I never managed to find a seat; like many others I was instead forced to squat it out on the floor some distance away from my gate. The inexcusable lack of toilets is further compounded by their filthiness - although there were attendants inside the three which I visited, none had any opportunity to actually clean the place due to the queues.
Plus the fact if you don't have a doctors note for your psychoactive perscription medication expect to be detained/jailed. How many unsuspecting families will be caught up in that?

Last edited by antheads; 9th Jan 2013 at 16:40.