PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Ek Green Light
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:21
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long live the kangaroo route! (Qantas inclusive)

Thank God! I'm looking forward to a Bogan free Singapore and KL.
I wasn't thinking about bogans when I posted the story..... every airline carries their fair share of bogans, some more than others, it's all part of the fun of flying in and out of Australia I guess..

I was thinking about the huge business risk AJ is taking if the EK/QF thing doesn't turn out to be what QF and the ACCC think will happen... I shudder just thinking about it.. asking myself the question, "What if people still prefer to fly via SE Asia to LHR with no Australian alternative AUS/LHR via SE Asia, seamless.... ??

Traditionally Australians flying to Europe stop somewhere in Asia, way before the term "bogan" became well entrenched in the Aussie vernacular. It really wasn't long ago when Q was two stops to LHR via SE Asian and a Gulf port.(been there done that stuff) 742-3 days when everyone was happy and you were addressed as Mr or Mrs Bogan.

At the time most people preferred an Asian stopover compared to the Gulf, for whatever reason.

When the 744s adopted the route making it one stop via BKK or SIN to LHR. the Gulf ports became fly overs, forgotten. Enter, EK etc etc you know the rest... EK and their Gulf mates were the enemy, suddenly, alas, great mates woof, all is forgotten..., only joking ...

I am sure I remember AJ saying something like, we have to embrace Asia. (sic) so what does he do?

Moves everything Qantas to Dubai...

Last edited by TIMA9X; 9th Jan 2013 at 14:55.