PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The dollars cost of reading written checklists.
Old 9th Jan 2013, 12:15
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

MIHC
(1) If a flight manual has been issued for an Australian aircraft, the pilot in command of the aircraft must comply with a requirement, instruction, procedure or limitation concerning the operation of the aircraft that is set out in the manual.
So what do you do when the POH has several INSTRUCTIONS or for that matter PROCEDURES that are different.

No not different as in contradictory, but different as in either OR??

Worse still what do you do when one instruction or procedure is actually contrary to another? this is not rare. If you have never found this, I suggest you have not been diligent enough to date. From my guessing you fly all sorts of things so you of all people should have seen this almost daily.

I think you are falling for the trap of not getting the intent.

Go grab a handfull off POH's and declare, swear on a stack of bibles or whatever takes your fancy and tell us all that this is never the case.

Despite what CAR138 might say, at the end of the day it will eventually come back to the type certificate or STC as applicable, generally but not limited to one issued by the FAA.

Just as has been the case many times before we all get sucked into believing that the POH only says one thing, it does not mean all other things are excluded. And that what is the intent of section 2, the things excluded.

Otherwise, ....no...I am not going there, Trent thinks I am hanging on too tight