PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Checking boarding pass at plane door – why?
Old 9th Jan 2013, 11:08
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!

t1grm

Gotta laugh mate!

I simply posted up something that I found a minor irritation as a point of discussion
When I read things like

BA already does this out of LHR and it really bugs me. I can’t see the point
What purpose does checking it again at the aircraft door achieve? All it seems to do is slow boarding of the aircraft down – cue lots of tourist rummaging round in handbags and pockets for boarding passes at the aircraft door, holding up the queue.
Unfortunately going through an airport nowadays is full of irritating procedures and events – some minor – some major. So whilst this is a minor irritation it’s yet another one on an ever growing list that is gradually making commuting by plane an intolerable experience. I might even move back to the UK and go back to sitting on the M25 for 2 hours a day.
I get the feeling it's a bit more than a 'minor irritation'.

We will see how long this door check lasts with KM. I will post weekly updates. My bet is that it will have died out by the end of the month.
So you started a thread about a 'minor irritation', yet expect that the situation that caused you to start this thread will be gone in a few weeks, rendering the thread pointless....