PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus hand-flying characteristics
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 10:48
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal advise as to how to control the sidestick is that you have to be conscious that you are trimming the airplane whrn you release it to neutral. So, when you are reaching your desired pitch and performance, progressively release it until,you reach zero SS angle exactly at the desired performance.

In final approach, to avoid overuse of the sidestick you have to give a second to the system to counteract lateral gusts itself, then bank to regain loc or runway extended centerline. So it is like this: lateral gust that rolls your wings. Let the system zero the roll rate, then use the sidestick to go back to the desired bank angle to keep or regain the loc. If you act simultaneously with thw system you will begin the pudding thing. Just wait a second then make your input. With pitch is similar but not exactly the same. You have more things affecting, gusts, updrafts, downdrafts, a/thr... You may need to act preemptively

For the flare, I don't recommend the widespread use of repetitive pull- release-pull- release that I have observed many times. I favour a single pull, that you can modulate as required. Ah, and never use the flare pitch bar for landing. That's gross!