PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Importance of aptitude tests
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 07:25
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HL, personality testing is a bit different to aptitude tests I reckon. And I agree with you on that front.

I know a bloke fairly well that failed the aptitude tests for ATC. He and a mate worked fairly hard, practicing tests that were similar, doing dummy interviews with a boss's wife who was a HR practitioner and boned up (so to speak ) on maths. This bloke did the aptitude test when the opportunity came around again, he passed by one mark.

When it came to the ATC college this bloke didn't fail one exam and obtained an en-route rating. Comparing his aptitude test results to others on the course, some were much higher on first attempt, some of these people failed in the college.

ChocksAwayChaps cannot tell me that aptitude tests will predict anything other than the candidate can pass an aptitude test. How any organisation has been fooled into thinking that they predict or prove anything baffles me? Maybe it's to generate income for what is probably the most useless department in any organisation, HR.