PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Importance of aptitude tests
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2013, 05:23
A37575

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friend of mine applied to join the RAAF as a pilot and failed the hand-eye coordination test (following a bouncing ball with a joy stick type thingie).

The Sergeant who administered the test said he would never make a pilot as these tests did not lie. However (said the Sergeant), as I know your father as he was in the RAAF too, I will give you a pass - but I am warning you,you will never be a pilot as these things don't lie.

My friend got into the RAAF and became a trainee pilot. I was his flying instructor and after successfully getting his `Wings`he flew Mustangs and Sabres and eventually became the CO of a C130 Hercules squadron. So much for "you'll never make a pilot"

Before that posting he became the CO of the RAAF Recruiting Centre in Rushcutters Bay, Sydney where he had done his initial aptitude test. One evening when everyone else had knocked off for the day, he closed the door and had another go at the same hand/eye coordination test. He failed the test again. Draw your own conclusions.