PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher training?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2013, 22:40
emorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow reply - apology - and some answers

Sorry, if I missed your email or it wasn't delivered. [email protected] should work - but we've had problems sending email to Hotmail and msn/Live accounts, so then I usually email from a personal account. Anyway my apologies. Maybe try once more or post on note on our Facebook page. I'll help you out somehow, if not here.

If coming to our 5-week course, I'd focus on the ADX material as sort of a prestudy, but how to do that requires a lengthy email or post - which I will gladly do, if you want. If looking for the best sections to read from Aviation Weather Services, I'd read through METARS and TAFs in the text portion, and when looking through Graphic weather (weather charts), I'd browse through some of the Surface analysis charts (but DON'T try to memorize anything - there are 4-5 different formats for that single chart - we cover only one. Other charts that are good to read are weather depiction, radar summary, low-level and high level prog (forecast) charts, and perhaps the 300mb analysis chart, but again, reading through is one thing to become a little familiar with. But if coming to our 5-week course, we instruct all of it. If reading the Aviation Weather Advisory Circular ( a book in reality), this is weather theory, there's too much unimportant mixed with important to itemize here. If you want, I can send you a few terms that are vital to know. Otherwise, if I had to pick a few sections to read: icing, thunderstorms, turbulence, and IFR producers. Don't go crazy reading the government definitions of terms like corrected altitude, pressure altitude, and density altitude - we simplify them here so that they make sense, then more importantly, we show you how to apply them to a flight.
Hope this helped and sorry for the non-response. I was in Canada recently, but checked or forwarded the emails to others. Either way, our fault.
Eric Morris
President
Sheffield School of Aeronautics (est. 1948)
-----
I wrote two times to Sheffield school of aeronautics but they didn't answer me! I also wrote here to Mr. Eric Morris but nothing..

Anyone knows if they have any problems on the mailbox?

Other question: Eric mentioned about some sections of the weather's book , anyone knows which parts are foundamental to know before attending Sheffield?