PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2013, 18:40
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Mr 1862, so much for the idea of taking a deep breath!
I think pipersam probably has given the best advice. As I mentioned earlier the course you are on will be timetabled, and although they usually streamline into two or more groups at the flying stage, each course should broadly complete all of their stages within the programmed schedule. By its very nature, that means there are times when some people get ahead, and then have to wait for the rest of the group to catch up. The waiting can sometimes be very frustrating, but that is just part and parcel of flying generally.

Turner661, other people will be able to give you a more qualified answer, but my understanding is that you can decline an offer of placement, but that doesn't ensure another would then be offered on any sort of "seniority" basis. If you were offered a job at an airline outside of the placement scheme that would be fine. Your bond would satisfy your training course costs to date and the contract would be satisfied on both sides. In other words, I don't believe you could then go back and request a placement if things didn't work out with the employer.

As I understand it, the airline placement is the final advanced stage of the course, and the terms very much depend on the airline customers themselves. For some there are additional costs. For some there are no additional costs. Each one is very different, because the terms prevailing are based on those offered by the airline partner. There is usually no guarantee that an employment contract will dovetail from these placements, although everybody hopes that one will. The number of placements on offer will also depend on both the market and seasonal needs of each of the airline partners. The combination of these demands will always mean that any predictions are subject to change.

Last edited by Bealzebub; 8th Jan 2013 at 20:15.