PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another 787 electrical/smoke incident (on ground)
Old 8th Jan 2013, 18:36
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT.. Only in Fairyland would anyone miss the implications for ETOPS...

You are the first one who had the b---s to bring it up....

keel beam.... There is a monumental possibility the implications will be missed if a solution is really that simple. For now, explanations are being tested that have to do with wishing and hoping, both that there is a simple fix, and/or, the problem is at least seen that way....or that the 'creation' of a separate headache will diminish the import of the real deal.

Fire has nought to do with teething... If it was simple, it would not have happened the first time. It is either too expensive, too complicated, or too time consuming to remedy with an "Ah-HAH".

My first impression, with Laredo, was a systemic, or design issue.... Space weight and cost are the goblins of a/c design; throw in safety and reliability, and the designers are simply incarnations of Merlin, the alchemist. Their degree is in magic, as much as anything else.

It is forgivable, that new aircraft will have issues. But that does not make the problems acceptable. Especially fire. I am not telling tales, and I hope with all my heart the aircraft is soon as dependable and profitable as the Fat One.

Cheers, they're on it....