PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2013, 17:18
Danny42C

"What's in a name ? A rose by any other name...."

glojo,

Interrupt away to your heart's content, John ! This is what gives life to this Thread.

Speaking as one who had four troopship voyages in the war, the picture gives a good idea of how tightly packed the ships were (although I must add that this one looks as if it's coming into a quayside, and all the chaps would be coming to one side to see what was in store for them, which is why it's listing a bit - am I right ?).......D

Chugalug,

Laptop's ears already burning with language more suited to SWO on parade ground, barely refrained from actual assault & battery. Seems to have had desired effect (touch wood).

In all my previous references to "Laing", read "Seco" huts. (having seen pics on "Google" of both, and seen plenty of both, now at last know which is which).

True, chaps in our later days were never as good as the ones in the beginning, were they ? Suspect it was ever thus. Companions in adversity are always the truest. As for aircraft, you can, I think, develop an affection for anything if you fly it long enough (our instructors even got to like their Vultee BT-13s, and I was quite sorry to see the end of the VVs).........D

Fareastdriver and airborne artist,

Studes living in the Mess ? What next !.........D.

Cheers,

Danny