PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 8th Jan 2013, 08:16
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 points from me:

1) Is any effort made by Ryanair to ensure an 'evening out' of paid work over the year as per the PR response? I hear rumours that a form of 'victimisation' can occur (on a roster basis) whereby those who 'annoy' for whatever reason get little or no paid work on a particular roster. What, if any, system is in place to ensure that at the end of the roster year the income/flying duty has been levelled out?

2) Without knowledge of the algorithms involved in fuel league tables, they are to a large extent worthless. The BA ones had all the 'managers' who rarely night-stopped (leading to no early AM arrivals) and nearly always 'worked' AM and 'chose' often to fly in the afternoon when things were more 'settled', at the top of the tables, and those regularly facing 'peak time' arrivals towards the bottom.

I think we need to ensure that those seeking employment with Ryanair are fully aware of the treatment and T&C they can expect, probably via the 'Terms and Endearment' forum. Obviously the likelihood of self-funding accommodation and living expenses for a few days at a base with mostly unpaid standby duty there is a serious factor. Obviously the information posted must be accurate and truthful to avoid the RY pack of legal hounds, but it needs to be done to be fair to the newcomers, and if, of course, the potential employees decide not to join, there may be the need to improve current conditions to maintain a work-force.

I still have not had an answer from current employees as to whether they knew about these 'T&C' before they signed or whether there has been a 'change' since. Any replies will be treated in strict confidence and can be via email if desired.