PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2013, 00:46
Tableview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A and C : I have every sympathy with you but taking a dispassionate view, I see that you have stated that you arrived 'at check in time' and 'in good time' but you you have not specified the exact time you arrived at the check in desk. How far in advance of the scheduled departure time did you arrive at the check in or baggage drop desk? Queuing time is, unfortunately, irrelevant.

If you presented yourself at the check in desk after the flight closure time, then the airline had every right to deny you boarding.

If you were the unfortunate victim of over-booking, which as pointed out is done by most airlines, then it's a very different situation. I hope you get your compensation and resultant costs, and I am sure that if you take your complaint to the top and are reasonable, you will. In my experience EZY are very fair over such matters.

Over-booking is a necessary evil in the airline industry, as without overbooking flights would leave with empty seats, thus lost revenue, and higher fares for all. Flights are overbooked according to a profile based on expected no-show figures and sometimes they will get it wrong. 'Low Cost' carriers tend to over-book less than traditional network carriers but it is route/time/date dependent.

Last edited by Tableview; 8th Jan 2013 at 00:46.