PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330/A340 EAD (AoA PROBES)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2013, 00:04
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Scott
Some early jets like the B707 provided (yes!) automatic stabiliser-trim (up) at high Mach,to counter the nose-down effect of Mach “tuck”. So perhaps it might not be such a challenge as you are suggesting.
I think the idea behind is somehow different. That 707 auto feature was most probably designed as such ?
To me the use of the trim wheel to counter the unjustified activation of a protection is much more than a challenge, it is pure Experiment.
I believe that if it was the preferable solution, it would be the one mentioned in the Airbus AFM Temporary Revision.
I'm not a big fan of the double ADR OFF selection either but it is IMO a piece of cake compared to what A33Zab is suggesting.
Without any hesitation my recommendation, for what it worth, would be to install a very accessible switch to both pilots to simply cancel any undue activation of a protection.
It would be for sure a Tsunami in regards of the ideological concept as advertised by BZ, but on the technical side it would be nothing.
Am I asking for the unreasonable ... ?