PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2013, 19:49
Danny42C

(Temporary) Reprieve.

Fareastdriver,

Laptop now behaving itself (possibly case of "fog in cockpit") - daughter has an old one, may be able to resuscitate if worst comes to worst. Hold off deluge of old laptops TFN, please. But thanks for effort on my behalf.......D.

Geriaviator,

More wonderful pics ! These must be preserved for posterity. (Re subject - one more proof that the RAF was never short of idiots). Pic would do well in Caption Competition (starter: "What made that 'ole ?".........."Mice" - from Old Bill). Nice Christmas card.........D.

Chugalug,

Heartily second your advice to Arclite01. Join our Club !....'Fraid it'll be hard lying for quite a while yet, tho' in next place will graduate into centrally heated rabbit hutch in a Laing hut. Then no more coke stoves ( MQs excepted)...........D.

Wilyflier,

Am lost in admiration ! 50% hits on the flag (knock the "0" off and you've got five times the best I ever did), and a glider target, too ! You must have been the Ace of the Base, and no mistake.

Seriously, "My first was under training at Feltwell while dive bombing at the bombing range" - we are in dire need of new blood on this our Thread. Please let's have some more of your experiences in print here. I'm sure the Moderators would welcome you, as would we all........D.

Regards to all my wellwishers,

Danny.

Last edited by Danny42C; 8th Jan 2013 at 15:22. Reason: Idiot Spelling Error - "prosterity", forsooth!