PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual method of instilling knowledge
Old 7th Jan 2013, 19:24
Trojan1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if it's all the same to you, I'll stick with the proven methodologies of successful airlines, and the most successful military of our time. A military several orders of magnitude more capable and experienced than the ADF..
Remoak, I think you'll find that many of those operationally-experienced aircrew in the ADF have obtained their experience while working as part of a foreign force. Training methodologies and doctrine are very similar throughout the western world. In fact Australian aircrew can be (and are) trained in Oz, Canada, the UK and the US - all graduating with the same required standards. The only force really left out in the cold is NZ.

I won't comment on the airlines' methodology as I am not, and hopefully will never be, an airline pilot. They are hardly the tip of the spear when it comes to training development as they are cost driven, reactive and work in a risk-averse, over-regulated environment. Peoples lives (particularly on the ground) rarely depend on the arrival of an airliner. Different game, different rules.

Last edited by Trojan1981; 7th Jan 2013 at 19:24.