PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 7th Jan 2013, 17:36
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am faced with really tough decision; whether to believe PPRuNer who claims there will be no investigation (and has spectacularly demonstrated ignorance of the territorial application of aviation safety investigations by berating BEA) of this very serious occurrence or EASA that claims that investigation is ongoing. Dang.

In any case it won't make things easier since BUSS is all AOA related.
My point exactly. Unlike flying attitude+power BUSS is not universally applicable for any kind of air data mess-up. Sorry for making sarcastic allusions that I considered to be understandable to any line pilot.

You really believe that turning off 3 ADR's or 2 ADR's because of a stuck AOA vane is a proper solution?
Who gives a about my opinion? EASA considers it to be proper patch-up until it is understood how in the world it could happen in the first place, doesn't care about me considering it to be good enough and won't listen to your objections if all you do is post them on PPRuNe. Give 'em a call, you might be right. Or they can spare a minute to explain some things you don't understand or appreciate and they are obliged to.

You have nothing to lose.