PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ad in Flight International 21-27 Jan "JAA Pilots Available"
Old 2nd Feb 2003, 08:14
QNH1013
INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Wow, I didn't think about advertising in flight when I gaduated. I did the last CAP 509 Couse with BAE Adelaide and as you know, the course has no guarantee of a job afterwards. I do admire you zeal and ideas but as you've found out and I'm sure already have known before, it's still very tough out there to get that first job. However, you have made a sound investment and you have got yourselves an invaluable foundation of training. The Sad truth is that you can't beat experience but there are definitely opportunities out there for fresh graduates. Though it's nice to know that BAE and Oxford and the like to market themselves as have 'groomed' their students for commercial airline entry, that may not be the first job and given the curent aviation climate, do take anything that is offered. You have your whole career ahead of you to make it to the airlines. Good Luck. Do apply to all operators that accept intergrated course graduates, you may be lucky to get that first break in to the airlines sooner than you thought. But that would only be a bonus.