PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Air Squadron Student hours - JAR/EASA UK PPL
Old 7th Jan 2013, 10:07
sp6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Beagle,

I was interested in your post about the NPPL, but I read the link and found:

"University Air Squadron Flying Training. Pilots who have received formal flying training at a UAS shall receive full accreditation for such flying training. No accreditation will be given for
‘air experience’ flying conducted by pilots who are neither current QFIs nor holders of civil pilot licences containing valid FI(A) Ratings."

but this still seems to imply that ground exams, solo x/c and a skills test are still required - so therefore a CP might as well go for a JAR PPL unless they have any medical issues.

I'll be doing my next UAS "recruitment" pitch shortly so this post is great timing!

AOJM - I had a quick trawl through the original post. - "The rule i've heard is that for every military hour you can add 10 mins when coverting to civvi hours.

Although I prefer the idea of logging in two seperate books with two seperate rules as i've had to wait at the hold for over 30 mins before.. would of counted in civvi terms.. hehe"

Realistically, a "brakes off" time of five minutes before TO time, and "Brakes on" five minutes after will be an approximation of actual times. I'm still going off to the local UAS's will a handful of little blue ppl logbooks for them, and some grumpy words if there aren't completed properly!

Mercifully I have enough civvy hours that my military hours can sit in a different log book just like my microlight hours do - I keep three concurrent logbooks! I'm tempted to take up ballooning so I can add a fourth.....

cheers SP6

Last edited by sp6; 7th Jan 2013 at 10:59.