PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2013, 01:13
Apollo 18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. The interviews are about to start for some so I think it’s only fair that the playing field be levelled a little for those who didn’t have the advantage of attending one last year.

The group exercise involved 5 minutes of silent scenario reading followed by 45 minutes using clue cards to figure out where the group had been dropped on a map, where they were now, where and when the pickup would be, how to get there and what equipment to take. The instructors observe in silence and provided no feedback.

The group discussions were on topics like, “Discuss how technology is improving flight safety”; “Discuss MPL”; “What are the new opportunities in the aviation market?”; “Discuss whether Britain is a benefits culture.” The instructors decide when each discussion ends, and again there’s no feedback.

The individual interviews started with, “Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a BA pilot.” Candidates had to identify a model aircraft before answering some flight principals and technical questions. Other questions covered knowledge of the flight school’s course, aviation interests and experience, general interests and personal background. Expect multiple questions about BA and its business, competition, investments etc. Above all though, expect multiple, “Give us an example of a time when” questions on planning, taking control, changing minds etc for which the example on the application form will be out of bounds - and expect the answers to be challenged, “Why did you do that? Didn’t you consider alternatives?” etc.

Afterwards PPRuNe will be a good indication of whether you’re through to the BA interview as all the invites arrive at the same time.

I hope this is fair and useful help. It divulges high level details without giving away either the answers or what the schools are looking for. Obviously the exercise and group questions will have changed and most of the potential questions you’ll be asked aren’t listed, but good luck and I hope to see some of you on the other side.