PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow airport wall
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2013, 23:21
LN-KGL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't say I knew Darren and Tracey racedo, but I have seen my share during my many trips to Essex - to Epping Basset to visit North Weald, to Southend-on-Sea either to visit ATC Lasham or to fly out to Amsterdam. But there is hidden gems too, like in the small town Great Dunmow east of Stansted and it's The Starr Restaurant with Rooms - great food, great accommodation and perfect hosting.

Since we are talking about disorientated passengers, what about a disorientated pilot story? During my many flights on the British Isles (I've flown to 44 UK airports) one pops up as a bit odd. I was going to fly from Isle of Man with manx2.com with a Let410 with a Czech crew. With no C/A it was the captains duty to welcome us on board and give the safety briefing. The captain opened the bag with safety remedies and started as follows:
- Welcome on board this manx two dot com flight for Belfast ...
A woman in a seat behind me shouted
- Belfast??? We are supposed to fly to Blackpool!!!
A surprised captain continued
- Blackpool??? Right, eh yeah, to this flight to Blackpool ...
The briefing continued without a hitch. My seat was right behind the captain, and since it's a middle wall separating cabin and entrance along the outer walls of the cabin to the cockpit I could see and hear what followed. After a brief discussion in Czech between the pilots, papers were checked and the maps on the clipboard were changed, engines were started and we took off from Ronaldsway and landed on time at Blackpool.

Last edited by LN-KGL; 6th Jan 2013 at 23:21.