PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ad in Flight International 21-27 Jan "JAA Pilots Available"
Old 1st Feb 2003, 23:39
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts
Well speaking as an ex-Jerez instructor who left just before these boys arrival I think its time to call off the hounds.

Boys - let this be a lesson to you. Never ever belittle any flying job no matter what your experience now or in the future. Even if you appear to do so by means of an idle turn of phrase which people interpret through their own particular filter.

Me, I was ecstatic when someone let me try to be a volunteer instuctor in the Air Cadets. I was over the moon at getting a PPL instructing job straight after getting a CPL. I was swept away when BAe offered me my first salaried flying job. In all I spent a good few years instructing and enjoyed it all - I didn't let the dream of fancy flightdecks detract from the here and now. Thats an important part of a good strategy imho.

Of all the courses I have taken I can honestly say that the hardest was the FI rating course and test. For a variety of reasons I found it really really challenging. You can do nearly every aspect better next time during the training and the test itself is suprisingly stiff. What will get you a Pass on the CPL GFT (prog test 2) will often not past muster on the FI course.

I admire you chaps doing something original. I don't think it'll work but best of luck with it.

Cheers,