PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 6th Jan 2013, 17:31
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave up after 20 minutes. As I have said before, my fluent Dutch is well out of date. Can anyone explain the so-called fuel league tables please? They make no sense to me.

What I saw of the programme represents everything that is bad about so-called 'investigative journalism' - disguised voices, three apparent pilots sitting silhouetted in front of a film screen with their hats on!! Why?? To make them look 'real'? 'Ian Sumner' I believe the only pilot to be identified. What do we know of his 'career' with Ryan? Any 'grudges'?

So the Sunday Times has once again learned to get its facts right before telling stories.

Were the tax advantages of 'contracting' as a pilot covered in the programme? Tax deductable expenses ie board and lodging, food, travel, training/testing costs and licence/medical renewals. Probably mobile phone and internet costs. A few others too. Choice of 'where' your fees are paid?

The 'rebuttals' from McNamara linked by 'sleeper' have not been challenged here - are they correct?

No, I do not like MOL and his ways. However, if people wish to see him 'down' they need to sharpen up and that sort of TV programme will NOT do it..