PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Mids Air Ambulance going night flying?
Old 6th Jan 2013, 12:59
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
TC....is there something in the British blood....DNA or something that makes ya'll see better in the dark or something?

Yes....our Helicopter EMS industry has a terrible record....not one person denies that.....and I am one of those who have been saying so from the very early days of the business.

What I am asking you guys and ladies to do....is explain to me in detail....how you are going to do the same tasking....without making the mistakes we have...and in too many cases continue to make.

Charity or not....you have to justify your existence or you will be gone.

That comes in the way of "flights done", "patients carried", "dispatch rate", or some such method of measurement. That means you have a "need" to get out and fly. You may deny it....but it is there.

What is it about the UK system.....IFR route structure, localized weather reporting, aviation infrastructure, CAA Policies, the Law....Pilot Training....that is going to make your way superior to the US way.

Those are the questions and yes....they are very serious....and deserve a serious answer. If you cannot....guess what the result is going to be?

You seem very certain you guys have it "right" and we have it "all wrong"....so please lay it out for us over here in the USA.....show us the path to redemption will you?

C'mon - you're having a laugh, aren't you?

Nope....this is a deadly serious conversation....as I don't think you lot will be as safe as you think you will....and fly.

Last edited by SASless; 6th Jan 2013 at 13:02.