PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2013, 12:51
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well it is curious. The video presentation claims lower noise levels than conventional types but I am prepared to accept that this is merely promotional blurb. But I am surprised that the craft's operating costs were higher given the obvious reduction of dynamic components. Interesting either way.

Her expression is not one of fear, rather, they each show a dynamic understanding of each other and the machine of course. His hand can be seen on the cyclic control behind her.
Quite how you can read this into the photograph I don't know - but it is impressive and sounds appealing!

What I can say is that sometimes, just sometimes, a man and woman unite (as kindred spirits drawn together) and find that, against all odds (ie. life), their souls have become one, that their lives beat in natural unison and that though they be two people there are in fact one in heart and soul and spirit. This harmony is not something which can be manufactured or fabricated, cultivated or developed, it is a gift .. pure and simple .. and one either has it or one doesn't!

If Stanley and Carolyn possessed such a gift then I imagine that those around them will have notice it and, I surmise, that it may not exceed the realms of possibility to be able to perceive this through a single moment of time such as that captured by this image.

The photograph is from Stanley Hiller's private collection (examples of which are available open source). The image posted was already cleaned-up a little (the original being slightly out of focus). I have saved the image in a larger file here although not that much larger as I fear the resolution may break-up. It should be enough for a small print. The two other options are to speak with someone who has the kind of software than can significantly enhance photo size (and which usually requires a fair amount of manual manipulation too) or to contact the Hiller family directly to see whether they can assist.

I do agree that it is a pleasing photo and I think if it communicates something 'special' to you that you should absolutely frame it and display it!