PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ad in Flight International 21-27 Jan "JAA Pilots Available"
Old 1st Feb 2003, 21:39
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Jeezus ... so this is what 18 months in Spain does to you ... I really hope any employers who follow up the advert, also find this thread on pprune so they can see what kind of pilot they're really getting

Where do they get these attitudes from? I know enough instructors at Jerez to know that they're not the ones filling students' heads with this bollocks. People who train modular have all smelled the coffee by the time they've got their CPLs, and in general they're extremely grateful for any flying they can get until they've got some meaningful experience under their belts.

As for
We've been trained to fly commercially, I'd be perfectly happy flying for an Air Taxi or something that is classed as Constructive Flying
words fail me. Golly gee could it be that instructors also hold COMMERCIAL licences? It's bad enough when you fly the old trial lessons and people ask "so do you want to be a commercial pilot one day then?"

But to see that coming out the mouths of freshly minted 509 students, that really makes my blood boil ... these guys obviously read pprune, and flight international, you would think that they would have maybe made the connection that flying jobs are as rare as rocking horse sh!t at the moment, and maybe even be grateful for an FI job if it was given them, let alone 'an air taxi or something' else equally degrading

Good luck with your search anyway mate, I think you'd be best suited to a freight operator though, after all you will need a big cargo door to fit your head through