PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - naming and shaming - cui bono?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2013, 10:47
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Dynamite my objections to this approach have more to do with the kind of world we are to live in. I already greatly resent the post 9/11 world of aviation security in the form of the TSA and their rampant disregard for common sense. I feel that autocratic measures such as mandatory drug and alcohol testing already go too far and am opposed to adding any more. It is a tiny problem that could be better addressed through other measures than distrusting an entire group completely innocent of any wrongdoing regarding alcohol/drugs. If anything the preflight sim check makes more sense!

Anyway no offense is intended by my sarcasm. The dystopian sci-fi novels I refer to include Brave New World by Huxley, 1984 by Orwell, If This Goes On and Coventry by Heinlein, This Perfect Day by Levin, Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury and many other sci-fi stories by authors like Clarke and Asimov. Classic stuff that was just as much about societal observations pertinent to the times in which they were written as the fictional stories they told. In essence the stories were vehicles to present the authors ideology in fictional story form.

Have good day all.

westhawk