PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview Questions from Hell
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2003, 20:47
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You know, the last interview I ever had, a few weeks before Sep 11th as it happened, with a UK turboprop operator, ... there were 8 wannabes sitting round this table with the chief pilot and ops manager doing the group-interview thing, they went round the table one by one asking us the old "where do you see yourself in 10 years" ... it was funny watching one young wannabe after the other, singing the same old song "turboprop captain with this airline of course", knowing full well they were bullsh!tting and the CP knew it too, he just sat there nodding with this increasingly wry smirk on his face. I came last in line and I thought this guy is getting sick of listening to it, so I just said "to be honest sir I expect to work bloody hard for this company for three or four years, and then look to move on to a jet operator". Straight away the boss gave me a big cheesy grin and at the time I thought 'yep, right thing to say'. However, I didn't get the job

What would you guys say ... I mean they MUST know that 90% of you who apply to battered-old-turboprop operators are going to use it as a stepping stone, if it was me conducting the interview I'd rather that people just came out and admitted it ... maybe not ... ah well c'est la vie.