PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Suspends Barrier Aviation Operations
Old 6th Jan 2013, 06:32
Defenestrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't find fault with anything you've said 404 Titan. In fact the organisation I work with has an almost identical system and attitude towards defects ie. anything that isn't as it should be. Only difference is that, in addition to the MEL, we also have an 'advisory' section on the AML that covers the snags that Shed Dog Tosser is eluding to. These however, are written up in consultation with the HAAMC to ensure that further flight in the aircraft is safe (and legal) sans a LAME directly inspecting the defect. Furthermore advisory AML's can be also be entered by Engineering if they're seeking further feedback on a fault, especially if not able to be replicated on the ground.

No mystical 'snag books' necessary and complete transparency provided throughout, most importantly, to the next operating crew.

No doubt I'll be shot down by the usual suspects that believe common sense should prevail as a form of regulation. Unfortunately, from what I've observed, common sense isn't very common these days.

D

Last edited by Defenestrator; 6th Jan 2013 at 06:34.