PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 6th Jan 2013, 02:41
Squawk-7600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy the view
Indeed. However cabin crew + flight crew, who are ALL affected by the (your quote) 'disgraceful business practices' and the 'you need to become more efficient' inevitable memo still represent 90% of the workforce!

That is slightly 'more' than 2% of the operating costs.
If you wish to quote something I said, please do so correctly. In fact this is what I said.

If some of the disgraceful business practices that have allegedly emerged ...
Alleged not by me I'll add.

The comments were regarding pilot salaries and PH-Chucky made a very good point about this, I put an actual figure to it. These are the facts, in a legacy carrier the technical crew (ie pilot) costs are around 4% of total operating costs, this varies of course somewhat between carriers, but will be around that figure, plus or minus a percent or two. Nevertheless, a very lean LCC can get that down to around half a legacy carrier's costs by using some of the tactics discussed by others here. In other words, 'Chucky is absolutely right, the technical crew costs, as a percentage of overall operating costs, are much less that what some people may possibly imagine. While it will clearly be a blow to some overinflated egos here, we really are small cogs in the grand scheme of things, at least when it comes to costs.