PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Suspends Barrier Aviation Operations
Old 6th Jan 2013, 02:19
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed Dog Tosser

“Snag” isn’t defined in the CAR’s, CAO’s etc because CASA defines all “Broken Items” for want of a better term as defects, period. The real problem is that some GA operators refuse to pay for and set up a suitable MEL/DDG/CDL system. By the way if properly set up and worded correctly in the OPS manual, most defects that can be deferred under a MEL can be left unsigned for by an engineer until passing through home base if an engineer can’t be found in an outport.

What I and others are trying to tell you is that a properly set up and approved MEL/DDG/CDL will essentially allow what is done unofficially and illegally now with a “Snag Log” by some operators to be done legally. This is why I put my balls on the line about 15 years ago and convinced my boss to fork out the dosh and set one up.

Again you resort to character assignation rather than debating the man. How about we keep it civil. I might work for a major airline now but I spent 13 years in FNQ including the Straits and PNG. I think I know what I am talking about.