PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Suspends Barrier Aviation Operations
Old 6th Jan 2013, 01:03
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish

Phil has answered your question about what you describe as a ‘slight dent’. BTW, the engineer can clear the endorsement remotely.
Furthermore, if my c172 autopilot goes inop, am I supposed to terminate my day VFR flight?
Of course not. You’re not obliged to terminate, so it’s your choice.

And if it’s a private flight VFR and you would like to continue on your merry way after landing and refuelling, you are allowed to continue on your merry way after you have endorsed the MR with the inop A/P and placarded the A/P as inop.

And if it’s a charter or RPT flight and you would like to continue on your merry way after landing and refuelling, you are allowed to continue on your merry way if an inop A/P is a PUS/MEL item and you comply with the conditions applicable to flight with an inop A/P and you’ve endorsed the MR and placarded the A/P as inop.

SDT: Titan, is a small patch of corrosion on the aileron a defect and grounds an aircraft ?, if so, you are truely out of touch.
I think you are truly failing to understand that entering a defect or damage on an MR does not necessarily ‘ground’ the aircraft. 404 explained it for you.