PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Suspends Barrier Aviation Operations
Old 6th Jan 2013, 00:49
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed Dog Tosser

Corrosion of any sought is a defect just as torn upholstery on the interior is. Corrosion of any sort can most certainly ground any aircraft but only an engineer is qualified to make that call. Corrosion though on the outside of any aircraft isn’t suddenly going to appear if it is properly maintained and the pilot properly carries out a proper daily/pre flight inspected. In other words it isn’t the type of defect that is suddenly going to bight you on the b*m.

Simply calling me out of touch indicates to me your lack of a cohesive and sensible argument. I ask you again, find me a reference in the CAR’s, CAO’s etc to what a “Snag” is and I will eat humble pie.

Trent 972

If the defect arises in flight I do. I certainly don’t get the permission from engineering to right it up in the tech log. If the defect was discovered during a turn around it would be entered in the tech log, engineering would be informed and the aircraft would either be grounded or most likely the attending engineer would dispatch it under the appropriate MEL if possible.