PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 23:09
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spicejetter

I will stick to the facts.

Last night I turned up at check in good time at AGP with a full fare ticket and at check in I was off loaded...... I was very annoyed as the pressures of working away from home and having to make sure my wife gets the care she needs put quite a lot of pressure on me, but I tried to explane the situation to the woman on the desk but she decided that I was just another troublesome punter and walked off doing the no understand English thing.

Then I go to the ticket desk and get a better hearing, it is now clear that there is no chance to get on the aircraft and all I now want is a hotel and to get on the Internet to get someone to be with my wife overnight, the guy is OK gets me the hotel and offers me € 250 compensation. He also books me on the LGW flight the next morning at 1045 but warns me to be at the airport at 0800 just to be sure to get on the aircraft as it is full and he says it might be overbooked in the morning. From this I make the assumption that it is likely that some other poor sole is likely to be bumped off today's flight having got a ticket in good faith.

This morning I get on the flight and all is uneventfull, as we taxi in at LGW the cabin manager cheerfully announces that the flight is 30 min early arriving !........... Thinks to my self NO for me it is a day late.

That is it, chapter and verse without any embellishment, I have yet to receive the €250 compensation, funny how EZY can take extra charges from me instantly but the money due to me is not so fast turning up.

That is the facts so please Spicejetter please tell me what is fails to add up ?

Now for the comment.......

As you might think I am wondering why I have the Easyjet plus card and am asked to show up 2h 45 m before the flight, what have I paid for ?

If the powers that be in EZY want to check I do about 4-6 return trips a month with EZY and so as a regular traveler I am just a little miffed that I get bumped off a flight when I spend so much money with them. After this incident I would not have wanted to give EZY another penny of my money but I had already booked three more trips with them and I guess I will have to endure these.

If the EZY management can assure me that as a plus card holder and very regular traveller I will not get offloaded due to overbooking in the future then I might consider booking next months travel with EZY otherwise I think I will look to another transport provider, as I said the €250 won't cover the problems that have resulted from the commercial decision to offload me so why should I pay EZY to repeat the insulting farce, that is a my commercial decision and EZY won't get my custom just when the AGP-LGW route is at its lowest ebb, I guess one more empty seat won't make much diffence !

Last edited by A and C; 5th Jan 2013 at 23:19.