PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual method of instilling knowledge
Old 5th Jan 2013, 23:05
Checkboard

Received 121 Likes on 58 Posts
As for the "joke" about hitting dogs and women on page one - grow up (whoever you are).
If you are referring to the following:
A woman a dog & a walnut tree! the more you beat them, the better they be!
... perhaps you should learn to recognise an historical proverb.
]I have redde, I know not where, these verses. A woman, an asse, and a walnut tree, Bring the more fruit the more beaten they bee. (1581)

When one member of a platoon failed to arrive on parade wearing his issue windproof jacket as ordered on a freezing Puckapunyal morning, I simply commented on this to my Sergeant in the hearing of recruits. My sergeant simply then ordered everyone else to take off their jackets. Message understood.
Bloody stupid military!
Option 1: Tell guy he is an idiot, and to go get his jacket. Everyone is then properly dressed, guy knows he made a mistake.

Option 2: Tell guy he is an idiot, punish him with pushups or whatever, leave him without jacket. Guy hates you, and perhaps suffers physical sickness (that's why he needs a jacket after all!)

Option 3: Tell everyone on a freezing day to take off their jackets. Everyone hates you. MUCH higher chance of physical sickness (as you now have everyone without jackets). Original guy is ostracised, and perhaps personally attacked later. Group morale is shattered, officer is hated for being an idiot and several go sick. Bastardisation at its best.