PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Suspends Barrier Aviation Operations
Old 5th Jan 2013, 20:11
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh….
a pilot hits a kangaroo on a remote strip and the roo puts a ding in the leading edge of the wing, the pilots find him/herself standing in the middle of a paddock in the middle of the Barkly Tableland, no one within 50 miles ( least of all an engineer ) who can decide if the aircraft is airworthy or not ?
If you genuinely don’t know the answer to that question, it would explain a lot.

If that pilot gets in that aircraft and flies it out, knowing about the ding and not entering the damage in the MR and having it signed off by a LAME or CASA granting an SFP, the pilot is not only a criminal but an idiot. The pilot has NFI whether the ding is of a size and in a position that affects the structural integrity of the wing.

The fact that people take the risk and make it back does not make it right. People take the risk of drink driving and usually make it home too.

I’ll try one last time to make my point about entries on MRs.

A pilot puts this endorsement in the MR of a charter aircraft: “The aircraft is painted white and I prefer red.”

What rule would you break if you flew the aircraft with that endorsement ‘open’ on the MR?

What “defect” or “damage” has the aircraft suffered? What “maintenance” is “required to be carried out”? What “instrument” or “equipment” “fitted to the aircraft” is not “serviceable”?

I realise that some FOIs have weird and wacky views about what the rules mean. But that’s because they are recruited from an industry in which folklore circulates as gospel.