PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 18:34
fallingwithstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@vybz - You seem to sound like you deserve an interview simply because you have 2 BSc Degrees, 4 A Levels and a PPL. Once you meet the minimum requirements everybody is then on a level playing field.

How would you suggest these application processes change to suit you needs? The BS multiple choice questions you refer to are to gain a slight insight into one's personality, I wouldn't call it a pass/fail test but a suitability test. The supporting questions gains an insight into the motivation and qualities of a person. These are the same sort of questions you may be asked in an interview, if you can't answer those questions sufficiently at the application stage then you can't answer those questions in the interview stage. The requirements to be a "good pilot" is not necessarily all about how well you can fly a plane, there are certain qualities (i.e. professionalism, leadership and personality)that a person needs to possess in order to even get a shot at an interview, to even suggest asking a friend to do some of the questions shows you have no integrity. So ask yourself one question, in those 800 words in the supporting questions, how well did you manage to sell yourself to a potential employer?

I have lots of friends that have/are applying to this scheme either this time round or last year, all the ones that didn't make it past the initial application stage all blame the system and the selection process. Not one of them thought about how they could improve to stand a better chance next time.

Rant over.