PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 16:03
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA IRL-LHR

BA days serving the "island" of Ireland are numbered and some may say very numbered. EI are hammering BA at both DUB and BHD and BA will not be in Ireland for very long more. Fact 12 months from now departure boards to LHR may be very different. Another fact is that BA have too many slots at LHR now and this can be seen by the slot sitting on a number or routes.

BALHR
What are you on BA will not get EI slots and I fail to see how it would be a benefit to both carriers if EI sold to BA which won't happen unless the airline was in deep financial trouble which its not and is profitable with lots of cash in the bank.

You're teasing us you are.

I'm guessing they'll need an extra A319/A320 for the Virgin venture, and I've heard that a team are currently in Abu Dhabi looking at acquiring a new A330 [possibly 2?]. Any truth to this?

Iberia are getting rid of some A319s at the moment, there'd be plenty of time to get them painted up and sorted out before the summer season kicks off if they're acting now.
Certain carrier in the UAE withdrawn some A330's very soon..

Short Haul they will have to place an order for something within 12-18 months (I expect Airbus NEO) but IB A319 would be good for short term.