PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulators - PMDG 738 NGX
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 14:23
nathanroberts2K8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies which are most educating. I know of course this home based software isn't going to be comparable to the real world environment, the real 'feel' of the 737, but as I said, was just looking for comparability in terms of IFR. Of course, I don't have a cpl or even a ppl, had a few lessons is all, and I found it could be a distraction when learning to fly for the first time VFR, instead of concentrating on the airspace around me and physically looking for other traffic, placing a focus on the instruments too much. That said, it appears for you pro commercial pilots it can be a handy tool. I say appear because unfortunately the pmdg 738 cockpit is the closest I will see to the real thing, never stepped foot in a working operational commercial or jetliner cockpit, although I'd be thrilled like a kid to a candy stick if offered the chance, I'd be thrilled if I could loan the tuition fees for cpl training as can be done her other higher education training. I can go on to do a law degree and become a solicitor or barrister with help at first from the state, yet cannot even be offered the opportunity to be a pro pilot with the same help, I personally find that inherently unfair. Anyway, back to topic, I noticed pmdg employ real world pilots to config these software planes for realism, on the other hand I am sure the software makes a lot of money so as with all forms of advertising it can be seen with "invitations to treat" say anything and get away with it. I.e carlsberg being probably the best lager in the world lol.