PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:20
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilotsince99 wrote:
it shows a letter send from a base captain to one of the pilots about being in the lowest ranking with regards to fuel uplift.
Very interesting, I took the time to look it up. This is what the readable part of the letter says:
Dear ...

The fuel burn tables for january 11 are now available. These tables contain data derived from all the flights completed by each Captain during the month January 11 and are therefore comprehensive and worthy of review.

I have taken the opportunity to correspond with the top and bottem in this base
to highlight overall performance. On this occasion you are in the bottem 10%.

You will be aware through that we have fully documented policy on fuel uplift
Then there is a statement from the letter, which was translated into german.

Ich möchte Sie ermuttigen, Ihre Einstellung gegenüber unseren aktuellen betrieblichen Richtlienen (...) zu überprüfen.
Which loosely translates into: "I would like to encourage you, to check/test your attitude against our current operational directions"

And from a memo:

Tons + Trip?

The most unacceptable excuse for last:"I like to land with 3 tons so I take trip + 3 tons"
This is not ryanair policy, this is completely unacceptable, and is not what you are remunerated to do.

Thank you

US Senator Daniel Moynihan said "you are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts". I trust this memo will be helpful in establishing facts. Thank you for reading this memo and thank you for your continued awareness of the efficiency element of the equation "operate safely, efficiently and punctually".

Last edited by 737Jock; 5th Jan 2013 at 12:25.