PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe is (airbus) fly by wire? Airbus A330/340 and A320 family emergency AD
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:01
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awwwww, folks, don't take it personally. Despite increasing numbers of participants in our chat getting (auto)biographical, this thread is still about technical (and somewhat HF) subject and what we are discussing is a part of objective reality that doesn't care much (if at all) about someone's opinions.

Originally Posted by CONF iture
I know about my airplane which is able to give full priority to a wild protection and blind fully ignoring my more reasonable command.
If one is not seriously involved in the business of confirmation bias then one is obliged to recognize that not only such a system can counter unreasonable command but that it was a main reason why it was developed in the first place.

Originally Posted by Dozy Wannabe
Or the ATCO - he gave an incorrect radar vector that put them significantly left of centreline.
Yup. Couple of seconds or couple of degrees difference might mean we'd still operate old, flawed FCUs nowadays. Makes me wonder whether we'd have EGPWS today if B757 had speedbrake autostow like 320. Effing blood priority.

Now watch usual suspect rise to the bait.