PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 11:33
BALHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of BA agenda are you pushing here? Don't you realise how ridiculous you sound?
If EI are operating the flights, and not BA, then they're the one's making the profit, why would they give away a profit making route to BA?

Also, the fact that BA can't expand from LHR to compete with the likes of EK, EY and TK is absolutely none of EI's concern, they don't owe BA these slots out of sheer good will. What in gods name makes you think that EI would give away it's biggest route to the competition, just so that their competition can compete better? That's just nonsense and makes absolutely no sense on the part of EI.
EI can still make money by allowing their customers to book flights on BA’s LHR-BHD/DUB (if that’s still not enough, BA should have a revenue agreement with EI on LON-IRE) Also I am not calling on EI to simply “give/hand over” their LHR/LGW slots, but “sell” them to BA, that would give them enough money for them to buy back at least some of FR’s stake in the airline Also BA is not EI’s “competitor” they have been partners for several years (although it has declined in recent years) and I doubt London-Dublin/Belfast/Cork/Shannon are their most profitable routes, mainly due to the high amount of competition on those routes, their “biggest routes” are Dublin-USA I would imagine