PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 11:31
keesje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I know folks are trying to drag attention away from the topic on hand, the Argentine claims on the Falklands. I'm neither trying to bash to Brits, just introducing some different perspectives next to the usual patriotic get'm emotions.

I'm sure some further "research", next to sixties movies, (try wiki Battle of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Dutch resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) will show you a more accurate and objective picture of events.

Lots of folks love to identify with historic actions they weren't present with, or even born. Often it is what was/is used by war makers to motivate the men that have to do the job. Defend god given values against evil do'ers. On all sides. Problem is these days the evil do'ers are online, have great kids, play soccer and didn't look so evil / aggresive the last time you spoke to some..

Do a google on Argetine before attacking if you dare, you might find out it's a save, civilized, fun place..

I think looking at history we also have to identify with the bad things our grandfathers did. The stuff we didn't hear during our history classes, for a reason. I'm sure "Research" will come up with events everyone has been trying to ignore / forget for ages. Make them part of your identity too. Slavery, colonialism, instituted discrimination, greed, theft, defeat, arrogance, selective anger, crimes against humanity.. We shouldn't cherry pick history, IMO that's for the simple souls.

Last edited by keesje; 5th Jan 2013 at 11:56.