PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most unusual method of instilling knowledge
Old 5th Jan 2013, 10:28
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish

Why is that you are so utterly incapable of reading a post before responding to it?

and if your relatives resort to brutal and aggressive training methods that explains a lot about their lack of battlefield effectiveness
First off, I never suggested that any of the people I know in the forces did any such thing. One of them is a US Marine and he was telling me over a beer this evening that his own training, carried out two years ago, consisted of essentially one long scream from his DIs that went on for six weeks. It is absolutely standard in the US armed forces and it is in the UK and NZ too. The only mitigation is that if you appear to know what you are doing and pay attention, you tend to get left alone more. As far as battlefield effectiveness goes, three of his DIs were decorated Gulf and Afghanistan vets with an average of four tours each. What is your combat experience exactly?

Secondly, you clearly have a marked propensity to play the man and not the ball. This could actually be an interesting discussion if you and your mate Anthill would actually address the points that I raise, as I have yours, and leave out the personal stuff. That, by the way, is why I am 99% sure the pair of you are full of it - you won't address the argument and instead go for the personal attack. Immature and extremely unprofessional.