PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jan 2013, 08:42
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But be honest with yourself - if you really really had a well paid job offer on a big aircraft back home or somewhere else than middle east, you probably not be in doha. In contra, of course I would be happy to have a job there as well, as I dont have - like most people here - another choice.
You tell me where all the jobs are that I will earn as much as I earn now flying well maintained machines and not pressurised into doing something I should not be doing. Yes the rosters are hard, but I could hand my notice in, leave in 90 days and be unemployed.

I would rather be here than many places in the world. There is a lot of ex pats here all in the same boat and lots and lots of nice people. Its a safe place to be. Everyone speaks English. Most signs are in English. The job is secure unless you mess up and chances are, if you hold your hands up and admit you have done wrong, you wont get fired. Do something stupid and well, that's your own fault.

Do the job, smile, go home, how difficult can that be.

As for yourself, I don't understand ? are you here in Doha waiting to train or in the hold pool ?

If you're in the hold pool, remember, you don't have a job until you turn up here on day 1

As for breaking contracts, its their train set and they can and will do what they want. Many came in 2010 to go on the 777 and after waiting a few months for training, got switched to the 330 and 320 fleet. Never mind, life goes on and may of been a blessing in disguise.

Wear your hat and jacket buttoned up when your suppose to, be stable at 1000 feet (1500 to be on the safe side) and remember to flare.

You're only as good as the last flight you have done and its not over until the park brake is set and the doors are open.

If you're in the hold pool, you should keep looking and not have all your eggs in one basket.