PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jan 2013, 08:09
checkthisout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Pudding, Im not being negative at most, just being realistic.

You said it yourself:

"What the rule is today may not be the rule tomorrow

What the plan is today may not be the plan tomorrow"

Of course, if I had a job with Qatar AND already be checked out (so it is up to me to be fired and not up to random terminations) Id be happy and thankful as well.

But until now, I guess I am not the only one who Qatar brought grief. Thats all I am saying. Or do you honestly and uprightly think that everything they "planned" with the holding pool last year will be achieved?
Also, there is no denial that they break contracts and that many people are being put into very ungrateful situations because of that. As I said, its just plotting the realistic situation.
On the other side I know many people happy to fly for Qatar. Yes, it seems to happen as well.

But be honest with yourself - if you really really had a well paid job offer on a big aircraft back home or somewhere else than middle east, you probably not be in doha. In contra, of course I would be happy to have a job there as well, as I dont have - like most people here - another choice.

"You have no rights here, so smile and be positive and hope for the best"

Your quote sums it up pretty well.