PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 5th Jan 2013, 05:54
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for insisting

Important cuestion about ryr and fuel policy
I have heard of the repressive atmosphere in RYR when you can be sacked so easily for things such as declining to continue a flight for flight duty considerations or fatigue or for excessive fuel uplift...

What happens to a pilot who diverts early to the alternate for fuel reasons? will he be called to a meeting, sacked, degraded, or punished in any way or nothing at all?

The answer to this question is the key to judge the RYR policy as safe or unsafe.
Because RYR says basically that they prefer you to divert occasionally than carrying extra fuel that in the end you don't use it in every flight. But this is only acceptable is there is no pressure on captains when it comes to a diversion decision, specially if you make the decision early, as it should be done as compared with conventional airlines since RYR airplanes have less fuel. I mean, with just the minimum fuel you don't have time for holdings. You have to make the decision right away and it should be a good decision.

So: are they under pressure to land at destination or not?